Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thoughts From A Late-Night Drive

As I was driving home from my weekly pilgrimage to San Francisco, I couldn't help but realize that the time I spend in my car are my most self-actualizing times. It is only me and me only, enclosed and separated from the outside world. Because of this, I get the opportunity to just spend time thinking and reflecting.

As an often-introverted person, I enjoy these quiet moments alone. Though I admit that it does get kind of lonely and maddening sometimes to be stuck in your own head. But by having these moments of self-reflection and contemplation, I find that I have a greater sense of who I am and who I am not. I understand all the strengths and weaknesses that make me the person I am. And it's in these moments that I love and hate myself. But ultimately, I am who I am, nothing more, nothing less.

No comments: